Saturday 5 January 2013

Memories


Somewhere in my mind, there is a memory
Of the time which now seems ages ago.
A sweet moment of a forgotten past
Reason for a piercing pain in a broken heart.

Fragments from the failed past, I still remember
Sweet memories of which I still hold dear.
Down the memory lane, I still can feel
The softness of the breeze blowing.
The sweet smell of your hair,
The magic touch that made me a believer.

Oh! What would I not give to have those times back!
To relive the moments we together felt.
But alas fragments of a shattered past,
Can only cause pain to the bleeding heart.

Time changes the essence of the memory lane
Everything that was sweet to excruciating pain.
Sweet painful memories are only what I have
Of the times for which I still crave!!!

(This poem was written almost a year ago. The same memories which made us smile once, can bring tears in future. This is an ode to those memories)

6 comments: